Friday 27 May 2011

Kwikpix.ca

Overcoming hurdles

Rain outdoors and whilst wading through the immigration paperwork, I decided to work on the photo album that I have to include with the residency application. Darren and I have to prove to the authorities that we are couple and photos are (of course) deemed great evidence and highly encouraged. 

I have over 3000 photos of Darren and I and although every picture is worthy evidence that we are together, I am not sure that my allocated visa officer would appreciate an encyclopedia of pictorial evidence. I managed to edit the stack down to around 500 which I decided would be more manageable.   My next challenge was to find somewhere to print the photos ( yes, they want them printed, labeled and mounted... *aggg*) and after trawling through various websites, I came across Kwik Pix.  

This company is AWESOME! Based out of Toronto, I uploaded all my photos in around 30 minutes on to their very easily navigated website and they charged me £39, for 500 PRINTS!!!! 

Two days later, this box appeared. Darren was intrigued ( it felt like a box of rocks it was so heavy) and I couldn't believe it when on opening the box, all the photos were there, stacked in neatly and ready for action!

I had picked up couple of cheap albums in Wall Mart and to work immediately. It is no mean feat mounting 500 photos and took me the best part of a day. I am yet to label them all.. I need to schedule in a couple of good movies and a cold Corona for that mammoth task. 


The moral of the story is, Kwik Pix are awesome! If you need some printed photos ( quickly) I would highly recommend it! I am full of praise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment