Saturday 18 June 2011

Kevin Nealon

Career Success

We love Kevin Nealon! Darren and I started watching Weeds after signing onto the infamous 'Netflix' and have never looked back. The joy of Netflix lies in the unlimited access to a huge selection of popular Television series which one is able to watch back-to-back with NO COMMERCIALS. 'It's like a dream' I hear you cry, but also potentially bad for anyone with addictive personality issues or a full time job. 
Anyway, I started watched Weeds during a bout of heavy flu and then continued to watch further series whilst recovering from a wisdom tooth extraction. Weeds is a wonderful sitcom; well written, hilariously funny but the icing on the cake is the joyous discovery of the comedic treasure, Mr. Nealon. 
We love Nealon; so I was exhilarated when during our last trip to Chapters in Barrie (http://www.chapters.indigo.ca) I stumbled across Kevin's first Novel, an autobiographical account of his  journey into fatherhood, 'Yes you're pregnant, but what about me?'. I added it to my increasingly large pile of goodies ( we had gift certificates *yay*) and made a bee line for the magazine section. 
As expected, this book is hilarious. Kevin is fortunately able to pen using fabulously witty prose and Darren was frequently tickled by hearing me roar with laughter from the bedroom. He discusses the classic high, lows and melodramas associated with early courtship, dating, marriage and pregnancy and is very clever at identifying the salient points in his life that will cause us to nod in agreement and then fall about laughing. I am a world away from having children ( other aspects of the 'success' clause need to be addressed first) but Kevin's light hearted account of his transition into parenthood made if seem not all that bad. 

I urge all Kevin and non-Kevin fans alike to seek out this book as the perfect summer, pool-side read. It's an instant feel good romp and I promise, will have you laughing out loud; We love you Nealon!

No comments:

Post a Comment